Regulatory issues and security concerns are a reality for companies today. Protecting your data, as well as the data of your customers, is of utmost importance to us.
INAP’s secure data centers are designed to keep your data safe.
- 24x7x365 onsite personnel and secure loading docks
- Multifactor biometric authentication access controls
- Man-traps with interlocked doors to enter and exit facilities
- 90-day video monitoring with security cameras available for individual cage environments as needed
- Password-protected access to both physical locations and web portals
Compliance and Accreditations
INAP data centers are designed to adhere to domestic and international compliancy and environmental standards. Annual audits verify our compliance, and you can leverage our third-party audits for your internal compliance requirements and reduce audit procedures within your organization.
Process and Privacy
- SOC 2 Type II – INAP’s SOC 2, Type II reports not only confirm that INAP’s data center security and operational procedures have been reviewed and tested by an independent certified auditor, but they also validate that our facilities’ controls and processes are designed to safeguard our customers’ equipment and data. While this higher level of reporting isn’t mandatory, INAP is committed to providing a transparent view of our policies and procedures, which we believe to be among the most robust in the industry.
- PCI DSS – Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is a of requirements designed to protect cardholder data and the environments in which cardholder data is stored, processed or transmitted. INAP’s managed hosting and colocation services are in compliance with the latest PCI DSS standards and are certified yearly by a PCI Quality Assessor. Partnering with INAP to achieve PCI compliance can reduce compliance costs, increase security and decrease the time it takes to obtain your own Report on Compliance (ROC).
- HIPAA – The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act provided regulations protecting the privacy and security of certain health information. INAP provides a HIPAA-compliant environment for our colocation, managed hosting and private cloud customers.
- Green Globes – The Green Building Initiative is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to accelerate the adoption of building practices that result in energy-efficient, healthier and environmentally sustainable buildings by promoting credible and practical green building approaches for commercial construction. INAP’s Silicon Valley facility in Santa Clara, CA was the first public data center in the U.S. to achieve the Green Globes distinction, an honor given by the Green Building Initiative. INAP’s Dallas and Atlanta data centers are also Green Globe Award winners.
- ENERGY STAR – ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy. Founded in 1992 for the purpose of saving money and protecting the environment through energy-efficient products and practices, the ENERGY STAR label is now on major appliances, office equipment, lighting, home electronics and more. INAP’s Atlanta facility was the first data center in Georgia to achieve ENERGY STAR rating. INAP’s Dallas data center in Plano, TX and New York/New Jersey data center in Secaucus, NJ also achieved the ENERGY STAR rating.
- LEED – Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design is a building rating achievement given to facilities that meet the standards of the U.S. Green Building Council. INAP is a LEED Accredited Professional. INAP’s New York/New Jersey facility in Secaucus, NJ is LEED Platinum certified, the Silicon Valley facility in Santa Clara, CA is LEED Silver certified, and the Los Angeles and Dallas facilities are LEED Gold certified.