- IT networking event, co-hosted by TechExecs, will feature panel of executives from Boston-area companies, including Carbonite, Livewire Mobile, Gemvara and Soundbite Communications
- Event includes tour of Internap’s newly-expanded, premier colocation facility
ATLANTA – May 18, 2011 ─ Internap Network Services Corporation (NASDAQ: INAP), a provider of intelligent IT Infrastructure services, announced that it will co-sponsor with TechExecs an exclusive networking event at one of its premier Boston-area colocation facilities located at 50 Innerbelt Road in Somerville, Mass. on May 19th from 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. ET. The event is free to attendees who register online.
The event will feature a panel discussion, “The Technology Executive’s Office: Note to Self, Become a Leader,” in which guests will hear from influential technology leaders in the Boston community and gain insight into becoming a strategic asset to their business. The panel will include:
- Carbonite – Kai Gray, vice president of operations (moderator)
- Livewire Mobile, Inc. – dMitri DeVos, director of IT and hosted operations
- Gemvara – Dr. Murali Menon, chief technical officer
- SoundBite Communications – Jason Temple, vice president of operations
Guests will also be invited to tour Internap’s newly-completed expansion of the colocation facility. This is the second of three planned expansions and includes 7,000 square feet of net sellable floor space, creating almost 40,000 square feet of net-sellable space across Internap’s two Boston data centers. Internap’s 50 Innerbelt Road facility is supported by a power sub-station on the property and provides up to 8 megawatts of generator-backed utility power, making it one of the most robust sites in the region. Located just five miles from Logan International Airport, the state-of-the-art facility includes scalable power densities of up to 12 kilowatts per rack, a green cooling infrastructure utilizing outside air economizers and SAS70 Type II controls. The data center also features a full range of customer amenities, including fully equipped office areas, technical workspaces, dedicated customer work environments and a full-service customer lounge.
About Internap Data Center Facilities
- Internap’s data centers offer highly reliable and scalable IT Infrastructure to deliver and store content, data and applications. With more than 40% of Internap’s company-controlled footprint deployed within the last three years, these facilities feature the latest innovations in data center design, including scalable power, cooling density and environmental efficiencies.
- Customers can access Internap’s Performance IP™ service, which connects to all of the major Internet backbones globally and leverages patented technology that analyzes network performance characteristics – such as available bandwidth, delays and packet loss – to ensure that Internet traffic is routed over the best path 100% of the time.
- Along with SAS 70 Type II compliant practices, the facilities also offer multiple layers of security with 24/7 on-site technical support as well as proactive monitoring by engineers in Internap’s redundant Network Operations Centers.
- In addition to colocation, Internap offers a range of intelligent IT Infrastructure services including Managed Hosting, Content Delivery Network (CDN) and cloud services, all with the highest levels of performance and availability using Internap’s Performance IP and Accelerated IP (XIP™) services.
Internap provides intelligent IT Infrastructure services that enable our customers to focus on their core business, improve service levels, and lower the cost of IT operations. Our enterprise IP, CDN, colocation, managed hosting and cloud solutions are differentiated by unparalleled levels of performance, availability and support. Since 1996, thousands of businesses have entrusted Internap with the delivery and protection of their online applications. Transform your IT infrastructure into a competitive advantage with IT IQ from Internap. For more information, visit http://www.inap.com/, our blog at http://www.inap.com/blog, or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/internap.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include statements related to the features, functionality and performance of our products and services, including our cloud storage and cloud compute services, and the benefits our customers are expected to receive from them. Because such statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors include the actual performance of our products and services; our ability to respond successfully to technological change; the availability of services from Internet network service providers or network service providers providing network access loops and local loops on favorable terms, or at all; failure of third party suppliers to deliver their products and services on favorable terms, or at all; failures in our network operations centers, data centers, network access points or computer systems; our ability to provide or improve Internet infrastructure services to our customers; and our ability to protect our intellectual property, as well as other factors discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Given these risks and uncertainties, investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify any forward-looking statement for any reason
Davies Murphy Group, Inc.