We all know prepping and conducting the Olympics is a mammoth undertaking. And, now that the Games are over, I was curious as to what some of the mind-boggling stats with regard to technology might be.
According to a ComputerWeekly article:
- London2012.com became the most popular sports website in the world. It had 38.3 billion page views, peaking at 96,871 page views per second.
1. Some 1.2 petabytes of data were transferred over the website, with a peak of rate of 22.8Gbps.
2. On the busiest day there were 13.1 million unique visitors.
Now what you and I do on a daily basis doesn’t come close to comparing that with running the Olympic games (and then again, maybe it does). Regardless, technology plays a critical role and with more and more businesses moving to the cloud, here are some articles to ponder:
- Cloud survey by Kroll Ontrack reveals a surge in cloud storage and virtualisation adoption
- Gartner: Hype Could Hurt Cloud Adoption
- The cloud services explosion
- Cloud technology and supply chain transformation — a must for retailers
- Cloud computing improves overall IT efficiency
What upcoming super event has you losing sleep at night? Check out our flexible cloud hosting solutions to see how we can help.