INAP offers Circuit Testing services in support of our customers’ IP service and back channel cross-connect service in INAP-owned and partner colocation facilities.
Circuit Testing overview
- INAP colocation engineers are trained and available to assist customers in the end-to-end testing of third-party, T1, DS3 and fiber carrier circuits
- INAP will work closely with our customer’s technical staff, or at the customer’s request, with carrier personnel to resolve any outstanding circuit problems
Included in the support offered by INAP:
- T-Berd test or circuit signal characteristics and report of results
- Injection of errors into carrier circuits
- Installation and testing of hard loop back circuits
Testing Facility Cross-Connects
In INAP colocation facilities, we are responsible for IP service cross-connects between the customer termination and the INAP service point. INAP is also responsible for back channel cross-connects between the carrier hand-off in the INAP network area and the customer space patch panel. In partner facilities, back channel cross-connects are maintained by the INAP colocation partner. IP service cross-connects in partner facilities are also maintained by partner staff on behalf of and at the direction of INAP. Urgent cross-connect testing requests will be dispatched on a 24-hour basis in all INAP and partner colocation facilities.